We kick off the daily Yoga Pose of the day series (much like the Quote of the Day for Yogis series that is so well put together by our YogaAnywhere Fellow, Kimberly), with the Head stand pose (also known as Shirsh Asana).
Headstand is among the most immediately recognizable poses that one associates with yoga and one of the most important ones as well. Headstand is one of the key inversion poses. When correctly done and practiced, this pose can benefit one tremendously. The pose utilizes the gravitational force to channelize the blood to the heart and brain without the heart having to do any work.
In the final pose, as shown in the images above and below, the feet are pulled up. Spine is straight and the crown of the head resting comfortably on the floor. The Bodyweight is supported by the forearms.
- Yoga Pose of the Day: Powerful Chair or Hunkering Pose (Utkat Asana)
- The High of Yoga – In Headstand Pose Outside Duane Reade on Grand and Broadway
- Celebrate Touchdown with Headstands @ Superbowl
- Quote of the Day for Yogis: 3/5
- Yoga @ Work – Begins with Two Classes at Medical Center
Leave a reply
Fields marked with * are required