Folks, this Saturday, march 10th is YogaStopsTraffick (YST) day – a worldwide initiative organized by Odanadi to support human trafficking. And since today is Holi, we will also celebrate Holi with a big feast on saturday.
So get ready for a special and exciting yoga for foodies this Saturday. The plan for the day
1. You can stop by at Makara Studio (an official venue for the YogaStopsTraffick Initiative) between 10 am and 8pm to do 108 sun salutations at any time. All donations go to Odanadi for YST.
2. We will be bringing in Holi colors so feel free to grab some and paint yourself and others – see above for how Holi is celebrated in India. If you are wondering, Holi is the festival of colors to mark the arrival of spring. People throw colors, sing dance, and make merry.
3. And then we will have a potluck dinner around 8ish with some indian food being prepared by Makara Co-founder, Hannah Harpole. News from Makara is that the food preparations are already on.
BYOB (Please No RED WINE to save our floor/we can cross the street to Duck Duck after eating).
Hope to see you all – Makara Studio – 164 Montrose Ave – take L train to Montrose Ave stop – or J/M Train to Hewes stop
All donations will go to support the Yoga Stops Traffick initiative.
And here is a video sent by Hannah about the kids in the Odanadi Orphanage in Mysore, India
And yes, if you absolutely cant make it to Makara, then you can support YogaStopsTraffick at other studios in New York – see the list below.
-Land Yoga -www. landyoga.com Lara Land – firstname.lastname@example.org
-Swanand Yoga – www.swanandyoga.com Alida Hoebee – email@example.com
-Kashmir Hands – www.kashmirhands.com Dina Giugliano – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Packed Studio and Awesome Food at our First Yoga for Foodies Meetup – Thank you all
- Yoga for Foodies – back to Newtown this Fri, March 2, 2012
- Kicking off the First Yoga for Foodies Initiative at Makara Studio
- Celebrating a month of Yoga for Foodies this Friday 24th, Feb!
- Makara Studio in Full Flow – Official Press Release of the Studio with a Conscience
Leave a reply
Fields marked with * are required