Today was a special day at our Yoga@Work practice in our Department (Biomedical Informatics) at Columbia University Medical Center. As i have written before, we have been practicing daily since Jan 16th from 12.45 to approximately 1.30pm on weekdays. And its been truly exciting and motivating to see that the practice has continued with more about 15 different people having come practice in the last 9-10 weeks.
So today i had invited my Yoga Teacher, Marcel Clavijo with whom i take weekly Level 3 classes at the Iyengar Yoga Institute in Chelsea come instruct us today. The plan is to invite one teacher every 3-4 weeks (we had invited Kimberly who is under teacher training to instruct us – read her series of quotes for yogis)
It was simply awesome to have such an experienced teacher come instruct us. We did a series of sun salutations and some basis standing poses and twists. The room was packed (total 10 folks along with Marcela) and the space was just full of vibrant energy
Thanks all for coming and continuing to progress on this path of self discovery and joy. If you want to take more classes with Marcela, you can visit the Iyengar Center where she teaches classes for beginners and advanced students.
As Marcela said, “We are all students. I am just here to instruct. Just show up and the rest will happen” So keep coming for practice between 12.45 to 1.30 pm every weekday
- Completing 4 weeks of Yoga at Columbia University Medical Center – Yoga@Work
- Excited to Have Kimberly Sheridan, YogaAnywhere Fellow teach us at Yoga@Work
- Diary of a yoga teacher trainee #1: Home Practice
- Diary of a Yoga Teacher Trainee #3: Meditation
- Started Yoga After the Muslim Friday Jummah Prayers at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia Medical Center
Leave a reply
Fields marked with * are required