We had a magical evening yesterday, March 10th at Makara Studio One of those evenings where everything is blessed with divine energy. An evening marked by doing sun salutations (yes both Kim and myself, representing the YogaAnywhere duo, completed 108 salutations) as part of Odanadis’ YogaStopsTraffic initiative and then celebrating Holi, the festival of colors that is celebrated all across India. But it was more than just doing – it was being, celebrating, sharing, chatting, imbibing, chanting (a bit), cooking and eating. Yes, thanks to Makara Co-founder, Hannah, we had a delicious meal of rice and matar paneer (indian cheese which she made herself).
Ofcourse, throwing colors on each other and making colorful hearts (thanks Kim – see pic above and below) was awesome too. And the other big surprise was the Harmonium (a musical instrument like the accordion) which arrived from India. Its sounds filled the space with the soul-stirring vibrations. All the donations raised will be sent to Odanadi to support their Stop human trafficking efforts.
Enjoy some pics!
- Yoga Stops Traffick+Food+Holi – Special Yoga for Foodies this March 10 (Sat)
- Even the Earth had a Fresh Cover of Snow to Celebrate the First Class at Makara Studio
- Makara Studio in Full Flow – Official Press Release of the Studio with a Conscience
- Second Yoga for Foodies Meetup – Fri, Feb 10th starting with Makara Studio, Williamsburg
- Kicking off the First Yoga for Foodies Initiative at Makara Studio
Leave a reply
Fields marked with * are required