About Yoga For Foodies Fridays
Yoga for Foodies is a unique and fun way to unwind on a Friday evening and rejuvenate your body and mind through awesome Yoga and delicious food in the company of other like minded people. Organized every friday evening in New York City, Yoga for Foodies includes 60-75 mins of Yoga class at a participating studio that includes several poses to wash to relieve the stress and give the body some much needed stretching and to whet your appetite. And after class comes the other good part – delicious food from a local restaurant or a meal cooked by the studio instructors/students.
So come join us for an evening that will leave both your soul and palate contented. You now have another reason to say, TGIF!
Update: Starting July 2012, we have received generous support from iFood.tv, a leading food video cooking website that has agreed to sponsor the food.
RSVP For a Spot Now! (it is free)
Details of Upcoming Yoga for Foodies
7pm, Sat Oct 20th Iyengar Yoga Institute, Chelsea (150 West 22nd street, 11th floor)
Participating Yoga Studios in New York City
Yoga for foodies started with support and partnership with Makara Studio, Brooklyn with the first event organized on feb 3rd, 2012. And it has grown to include a partner studio in Chelsea, Swanand Yoga studio
1. Makara Studio, Brooklyn – 164 Montrose Ave (just off Graham Avenue. Take L Train to Montrose Stop )
2. Swanand Yoga Studio, Manhattan – 171 West 29th street, 3rd floor
3. Other Studios coming next (contact us to add your studio)
Excited? Book a Spot Now! (no payment required)
Past Events and Pictures
- Oct 5th, at Makara Studio with food at Robertos’ pizza!
- Aug 3, at Makara Studio
- July 6 at Makara Studio – We will be having vegetarian sushi and soba noodles. Food to be sponsored by iFood.tv
- June 21 at Swanand Yoga Studio
- June 8 at Makara Studio. We will be doing a veggie BBQ
- May 18th at a Soho Loft
- May 11th at Swanand Yoga Studio – Pizza from Waldys
- May 4th at Makara Studio – home-cooked salad week
- April 27th at Swanand Studio – Indian Street food.
- April 20th at Swananda Studio with home cooked Mexican
- April 13th at Makara Studio with Pizza from Forcella and Swananda Studio with food from Madras Mahal
- April 6th at Swananda Studio – Good Friday Foodies with indian Chinese Food from Chinese Mirch
- March 30th at Swananda Studio, with Pizza from Waldys
- March 23rd, 2012 – at Makara Studio with Delicious Home-cooked Mexican Food
- March 16th, 2012 – Yoga for Foodies begins in Manhattan at Swanand Yoga Studio
- March 10th at Makara Studio – special edition to celebrate YogaStops Traffick and Holi
- March 2, 2012 at Makara Studio with food at New Town
- Feb 24th, 2012 at Makara Studio, pizza from Roberta’s Pizza
- Feb 17th, 2012 at Makara Studio, followed by dinner at Haab Mexican
- Feb 10th, 2012 at Makara Studio, followed by Dinner at New Town
- Feb 3rd, 2012 - First Yoga for foodies at Makara Studio, dinner at New Town
1. Wow this is so awesome. Do i need to RSVP to attend?
We would really appreciate if you can RSVP for the events. But you are welcome to drop in as well. Bring friends!
2. What kind of food or restaurants you include?
Our goal is to promote local restaurants that one of us has personally eaten at and can vouch for the food. Yes we are foodies – we keep checking out local places. And in some foodies we get home cooked food from the studio owners who are really mucho good cooks.
3. Can i come just for the yoga as i may have other dinner plans?
Sure. come for yoga – rev up an appetite and head off to your dinner plans
4. Wait, i love this but i am a little new to yoga. Can i just join for the yummy food?
Of course! All foodies are welcome.
5. Folks, i am really excited. Do you guys do anything afterwards as well
You mean, go out and party? Yes, we do – after the yoga and the food is done, we are known to chill out in the studio, chat, sometimes walk across the street to a local bar (Duck Duck across Makara, 230 fifth a few blocks from Swanand Yoga) and party. Come with your plans, take us all
6. How can i get this started at my studio or a studio near me?
We would love to. Just shoot at as email firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you soon at a Yoga for Foodies Friday.
7. How can i contact you for more information
Just shoot us an email at YogaForFoodies@gmail.com or call us at 347-707-3453
- Packed Studio and Awesome Food at our First Yoga for Foodies Meetup – Thank you all
- Second Yoga for Foodies Meetup – Fri, Feb 10th starting with Makara Studio, Williamsburg
- Celebrating a month of Yoga for Foodies this Friday 24th, Feb!
- Kicking off the First Yoga for Foodies Initiative at Makara Studio
- Third Yoga For Foodies on Fri Feb 17th – Come on All
Leave a reply
Fields marked with * are required